Saturday, June 19, 2010

Celebrating Ben


Well, I lost the election and have resumed my "normal" life. I was very disappointed by the loss, but the good news is that we're looking ahead to a fun summer and I now have the time to do things like "put stuff away" and "do the dishes" and "blog." So that's the bright side.

One normal thing we did, right after the election, was attend my nephew Ben's graduation from high school in Moscow, Idaho. Ben is a super cool kid with an incredibly bright future. Eric and I feel honored to have been able to have been a part of his growing up, and we're inspired by the wonderful job my brother and his wife have done in raising this amazing young man.

We had fun in Moscow, hanging out with four generations of Waldens and Hildings. It was great to reconnect with my family after the intensity of the campaign. They were all very proud of my effort which made me feel good.

So, now I'll be dipping my toes back into the crafting world and the gardening world and the baking world and the cooking world. And the blogging world! See you here again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment