Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy place


On any given day, you might find me whining about all the time I have to spend in this corner of my home. It seems like there is constant work to be found here. And keeping this spot tidy seems to be the key to me feeling like life is manageable, you know?

But looking at this photo, I must say, it's a pretty happy place.

It's where my girls update me on their days, ask if they can help, and complain about having to do their homework. It's where I listen to the radio, and skip happily from stovetop, to sink, to fridge, and back again. And again. And again. It's where I look out the window and smile at my kitting lounging in the sunshine. And when I fold that washcloth and drape it over the sink edge to dry - an indication that all is tidy in this space (for a few minutes at least) - I let out a happy sigh of relief and contentment. Yup, it's a very happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment